top of page
5.Decommission Provisions to Protect the County and Taxpayers
Help us protect agricultural-forestry zoned land from large, industrial-scale solar developments
Road to EU Climate Neutrality by 2050
If we want to get to zero emissions by 2050, then solar/wind isn't the answer.
Solar/wind will cover huge amounts of land (literally destroying the planet) vs. nuclear energy (which produces no C02).
Will the USA course-correct itself about solar?
5 key points of note:
1. Solar/Wind require 148x and 536x more land, respectively, than nuclear. Pg 27 Executive Summary
2. Per MW of power, Solar/Wind cost 4x more than nuclear. Pg. 28-33
3. If all EU electricity was from Solar/Wind, it would require an area 1.8x larger than all of the Netherlands. Pg. 25-27
4. Intermittent renewable power generation, in the EU as elsewhere, requires reliable sources of energy, realistically preventing the rapid phase-out of fossil fuel power generation. Pg 18.
5. Solar wouldn't make sense without the subsidies. The report makes the case that there shouldn't be discriminatory subsidies for solar/wind. Pg.34-35
Help us protect agricultural-forestry zoned land
bottom of page